- OMG!! Gifty Anti Set To Marry Soon, Meet The Man Warming Her Bed
- Matured Adult Only: These 5 Tips Is All You Need To Satisfy A Woman In Bed
- I Slept With My Boss In The Office, This Is What I got
- Kyeiwaa Escapes Death After Painful Divorce
- Like Seriously? Meet The 57 Yr Old Virgin Who Partook in The Swazi Nude Dance - Photo
- Woman Receives Death Threats After Posting Her Menstrual Blood on Instagram - Graphic Photos
- Shocking What This Housegirl Says After Stabbing Boyfriend To Death
- 2 Married Men Defiles Girl, 13 In An Uncompleted Building
- Driver Strips N3ked To Avoid Being Arrested, See What Happens
- Blac Chyna Takes It All Off For Richardson Magazine - Photos +18
Yaa Asantewaa Senior High School
More from Twi Schools
Yaa Asantewaa Girls Secondary is one of theÂ few girls schools in the Ashanti region of Ghana. It was established at Kumasi in 1960 by the government of Ghana.
The school was named after the legendary Queen mother of the people of Ejisu, in the Ashanti region of Ghana and has a population of about , 2500 girls.
COURSES & SUBJECTS
LEVEL: Senior High School
LOCATION: Tanoso, Kumasi
Nana Yaa Asantewaa remains a much-loved figure in Asante history and the history of Ghana as a whole for the courage she showed in confronting injustice during the colonialism of the British. To highlight the importance of encouraging more female leaders in Ghanaian society, the Yaa Asantewaa Girls' Secondary School was established at Kumasi in 1960 with funds from the Ghana Educational Trust.
In 1900 she led the Ashanti rebellion known as the War of the Golden Stool against British colonialism.