- Deborah Vanessa joins John Dumelo’s Tonaton Green Heart Campaign
- I found my look-alike too
- Men in high heels, crazy hairdos… All the wild fashion at Glitz Style Awards
- Hits or Misses? See what the guys wore to the Glitz Style Awards
- Afia Schwarzenegger Gives The Middle Finger To President Mahama – Watch This Video
- Is EL Dating Princess Shyngle? These Pictures Say So
- NDC primaries: Sam George faces disqualification if…
- Local assemblies: Mahama’s appointing authority challenged
- Prepare yourself; avoid self-pity; Alhassan Andani counsels youth
- Nurses strike takes toll on Psychiatric Hospital
Yaa Asantewaa Senior High School
More from Twi Schools
Yaa Asantewaa Girls Secondary is one of theÂ few girls schools in the Ashanti region of Ghana. It was established at Kumasi in 1960 by the government of Ghana.
The school was named after the legendary Queen mother of the people of Ejisu, in the Ashanti region of Ghana and has a population of about , 2500 girls.
COURSES & SUBJECTS
LEVEL: Senior High School
LOCATION: Tanoso, Kumasi
Nana Yaa Asantewaa remains a much-loved figure in Asante history and the history of Ghana as a whole for the courage she showed in confronting injustice during the colonialism of the British. To highlight the importance of encouraging more female leaders in Ghanaian society, the Yaa Asantewaa Girls' Secondary School was established at Kumasi in 1960 with funds from the Ghana Educational Trust.
In 1900 she led the Ashanti rebellion known as the War of the Golden Stool against British colonialism.