- I Prefer Dark-Skinned Ladies To Light-Skinned Ladies – Kweku Bonsam
- See Your Favorite Ghanaian Celebs Test-Driving The Made-In-Ghana Kantanka Cars
- CPP to open nominations for presidential and parliamentary aspirants on December 1st
- Family perishes in motor accident at Aprade Junction in Kumasi
- Lands Commission to lease land belonging to School of Surveying and Mapping
- Exempt us from dumsor this exams period - University students plead
- IGP shakes up police service
- Gomoa West DCE challenges ranking of District Assembly League Table
- Super Eagles Star John Ogu Picks Wedding Date
- Suspected armed robbers attack passengers on Sawla-Tuna Highway
Yaa Asantewaa Senior High School
More from Twi Schools
Yaa Asantewaa Girls Secondary is one of theÂ few girls schools in the Ashanti region of Ghana. It was established at Kumasi in 1960 by the government of Ghana.
The school was named after the legendary Queen mother of the people of Ejisu, in the Ashanti region of Ghana and has a population of about , 2500 girls.
COURSES & SUBJECTS
LEVEL: Senior High School
LOCATION: Tanoso, Kumasi
Nana Yaa Asantewaa remains a much-loved figure in Asante history and the history of Ghana as a whole for the courage she showed in confronting injustice during the colonialism of the British. To highlight the importance of encouraging more female leaders in Ghanaian society, the Yaa Asantewaa Girls' Secondary School was established at Kumasi in 1960 with funds from the Ghana Educational Trust.
In 1900 she led the Ashanti rebellion known as the War of the Golden Stool against British colonialism.